Singapore Airlines on Thursday introduced its new premium economy product, which eventually will be available on 19 Airbus A380s, 19 Boeing 777-300ERs and 20 Airbus A350s.
There was a big event in Singapore, but sadly I was not invited. The airline says the new seats took two years to develop and will be installed as part of an $80 million investment. The product will begin flying August 9 to Sydney, and other major world markets will be added soon after.
The product will feature these goodies:
- A width of either 18.5 or 19.5 inches, depending on aircraft type.
- An 8-inch recline and a seat pitch of 38 inches.
- Noise canceling headphones and a 13.3 inch HD monitor.
- Full leather finishing, calf-rest and foot-bar for every seat
- Individual in-seat power supply, two USB ports, personal in-seat reading light, cocktail table, and more stowage space for personal items.
- Priority check-in and baggage handling.
- Champagne poured all flight.
Food choices will also be much better than regular economy, as you can tell from this Tweet.
What do you think of the new product?