United Airlines said Thursday it will fly Boeing 787s from San Francisco to Tel Aviv and Auckland starting next year.
Some of you may remember my Sept. 17 post suggesting United was about to announce three new 787 routes from San Francisco. I asked you to guess what routes United would launch. A couple of you said Tel Aviv, so I give my readers credit. But no one guessed the other two routes - Auckland, and Xi'an, China, which starts May 8, 2016.
Here's the plan for Tel Aviv
- Three times each week 787-9 service beginning March 30, 2016.
- SFO-TLV will depart Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 8 p.m., arriving the next day at 8:10 p.m.
- TLV-SFO will depart Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 12:55 a.m., arriving 6 a.m. the same day.
And here's the plan for Auckland
- Three times per week 787-8 flights begin July 1, 2016.
- Daily service on a 787-9 beginning Oct. 28, 2016.
- Daily service will follow this schedule: Departs SFO at 10:45 p.m., arriving at 6:55 a.m. two days later. Departs AKL at 1:20 p.m, arriving same day at 6:40 a.m.
You may wonder how I knew United would be announcing three 787 routes from San Francisco. I learned this because one of this blog's readers told me.
I try to give readers the most current aviation news, but I can do only do that if I learn what's happening. So if you have a news tip, please contact me. You may remain anonymous.